$ZEN (Cryptocurrency) is needed to develop, stake, or perform transactions on EON EVM. Learn how to get ZEN into an account.
Add ZEN to Wallet
In order to deploy a smart contract, the account (in the wallet) that is associated with EON EVM requires some amount of currency for transactions. You can add TZEN to your wallet by using the Horizen Faucet.
Perform the following steps to add TZEN to your wallet:
- In your MetaMask wallet, copy the wallet address to the clipboard.
- Click the link for the Horizen Faucet. The Horizen Test Token Faucet page appears:
- In the Select Testnet field, use the pull-down menu and select Yuma Testnet.
- In the Wallet Address field, paste your MetaMask wallet address.
- Click Request 0.51 TZEN.
- After a few minutes, check your MetaMask wallet for TZEN.
Deposit ZEN into an account
You can choose one of the two options below to deposit some test ZEN into an account:
- Go to the Horizen Faucet - and get some free test ZEN.
- Make a Forward Transfer - The forward transfer is the process of transferring assets from the mainchain to the sidechain.
The first option is faster and it’s available for testing purposes (in Yuma Testnet, without real value), while the second option moves a balance of ZEN from the Horizen mainchain to EON EVM. Use Horizen Sphere to make a forward transfer.
Important: Using a Smart Contract address as target of the Forward Transfer (FT) will lead to a loss of ZEN.